Template

I’m currently running Visual C++ 2005 Express and am trying to run Cuda off of a Tesla D870. I open up “template” from the sample projects in the SDK and attempt to run it in release mode. It says test failed and gives me the following error:

First-chance exception at 0x7c812a5b in template.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012fe4c…

this error repeats about six times with different memory locations. i believe i’ve installed everything correctly with my tesla and when i run deviceQuery, the device shows up on the list. furthermore, when i run template in emurelease mode or emudebugger mode, it says “test passed”, as it should. as i understand it, though, emurelease runs the program off the CPU, which is obviously not what I want.

i know this is a very simple problem, most likely, and i’d appreciate any sort of help you guys could give me. if i’m leaving out any essential information here let me know. thanks!

all right so i’ve run a few other sample programs included in the SDK and have found that many of them work but those that require memory on the GPU run into the error:

First-chance exception at 0x7c812a5b in histogram64.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012fc98…

any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated. thanks!!!

Even I am facing a similar problem. I am running Cuda in linux with 9800 GX2 card installed. When I run the sample codes in the emulation mode the results are ok. But when I run them in the release mode I get the error “Test failed”. Can anybody plz help…

Hey,
it is now working in my case. I reinstalled the cuda driver again. Make sure that you cuda toolkit that u r installing supports ur graphics card.

Good Job!

Thanks for your help! i reinstalled visual C++ 2005, the drivers and toolkit and it is working better. everything’s fine when i run the sdk programs in debug mode. however, when I run them in release mode i get this error:

Access violation reading location 0x00000000

This isn’t a huge issue, I imagine, as my programs are working fine in debug mode. I’m just curious if anyone knows what this is and how I might fix it? Thanks!