sample rootfs

Hi:

I download the Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.2.1_aarch64.tbz2,
but I have no idea to build it.

Is there any document to guide it?

hello HelloKittyWorld,

please check developer guide, you might refer to Setting Up Your File System session for the detail steps.

Hi:
Thanks.

I made a mistake, it should be ubuntu_bionic-l4t_aarch64_src_32.2.1.tbz2.
When I extract it, there are many sub-components in it.
I’d like to customize the module “totem”,
Any guide to show how to build the examples?

FYI, that package is the entire operating system. Every single package. If you are interested in “totem”, then try this:

# which totem
/usr/bin/totem
# dpkg -S /usr/bin/totem
totem: /usr/bin/totem

This particular package comes from Ubuntu, and although everything is accessible from all packages Ubuntu publishes, just “totem” will be much easier to deal with via the “-dev” version of the package. If you’ve enabled source packages, then you can search:

# apt search totem-dev
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libtotem-dev/bionic-updates 3.26.0-0ubuntu6.2 arm64
  Main library for the Totem media player - development files

Now if it turns out that as a result you need to build source you might find this useful (debug symbols for the version of the binaries provided by Ubuntu…you won’t use this to debug your own builds if you have your source available):
https://www.hiroom2.com/2018/04/27/ubuntu-1804-dbgsym-en/

I found this of interest since installing a source package doesn’t really explain much:
https://tecadmin.net/compile-and-install-source-package-on-ubuntu/

There are some packages which NVIDIA provides, but not all are available as source. The NVIDIA packages which are low level driver binaries (e.g., the GPU) are not publicly available, but many others (most all user space applications) are available as source. Since you are interested in the package “totem”, see this and if it doesn’t list NVIDIA, then probably NVIDIA didn’t modify the package:

apt-cache show totem

Of particular interest there is this excerpt:

Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>

One package NVIDIA does commonly work with is gstreamer, mostly via plugins.

Hi:

Thanks.

i’m keeping on studying it.