Seeking Clarification on the Use and Restrictions of AWS NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI in Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Region

Hello,
I have some questions regarding the AWS NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI and I would appreciate any insights or answers you can provide.

1. Is it possible to use the AWS NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) region?
  2. If the answer to the first question is affirmative, can it be used satisfactorily without any delay or issues in the Tokyo region’s settings using the selectable EC2 Instance type?
  3. Are there any region restrictions associated with the AWS NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI?

Here is the link to the AWS NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI for your reference: AWS Marketplace: NVIDIA cuQuantum Appliance AMI

I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi @mayu4.watanabe, the cuQuantum Appliance AMI does not care about the region at all.

The only thing to confirm will be that the supported EC2 instance types are available when you want to use them and you have the quota for the GPU type in question (if applicable).

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions or follow ups.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I was able to confirm the following:

• We don’t mind about the region.
  • Things to check during the implementation:
    • Whether the EC2 instance type we want to use is available when we want to use it.
    • Whether there is a quota for the instance of the GPU type we want to use (the maximum number of instances that can be launched simultaneously).

I was able to confirm that there is no problem with our implementation. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.