segmentation fault on nvcc

Gentlemen,

I am getting a segmentation fault trying to compile code using nvcc version V0.2.1221. The code compiles and runs correctly in emulator mode. By removing sections of my code, I managed to coax an actual error message from nvcc. Here it is.

/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc --compiler-options -fno-strict-aliasing -DDEBUG -I. -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/home/sbernste/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/projects/…/common/inc -DUNIX -O3 --compiler-options -W --compiler-options -Wall --compiler-options -Wimplicit --compiler-options -Wswitch --compiler-options -Wformat --compiler-options -Wchar-subscripts --compiler-options -Wparentheses --compiler-options -Wmultichar --compiler-options -Wtrigraphs --compiler-options -Wpointer-arith --compiler-options -Wcast-align --compiler-options -Wreturn-type --compiler-options -Wno-unused-function --compiler-options -fno-strict-aliasing -o obj/release/worker.cu_o -c worker.cu
ptxas /tmp/tmpxft_00005512_00000000-2_worker.ptx, line 145; error : Call has wrong number of parameters
Segmentation fault
make: *** [obj/release/worker.cu_o] Error 255

I’m a newbie at nvidia coding, so I am probably doing something stupid. Any ideas?

– stuck

can you post code?

also, you are using VS2005 SP1, right?

My employer does not permit me to post the code, and it is way too long to post anyway. I am trying to whittle it down and “sanitize” it.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is V2005 SP1? I am running under ubuntu.

sorry, for some reason I thought you were running on Windows. momentary lapse of reason, I guess.

and yeah, we can’t really do much unless we have a repro case. I’ve never seen that error, so I’m not sure what could be happening.

Is there any way I can submit a bug report?

A bug report requires you to provide a means of reproducing the failure. If you can’t post your code publicly, please send me or tmurray a PM with a test app that reproduces the failure.

I sent Tim the code last Friday.