I’m writting a software consisting on a Java-made graphic interface and a CUDA-based computing core.
For my objective, I need as much memory as possible, so, when the software starts, I check all the free GPU memory with cuMemGetInfo and allocate a big memory block, leaving a few free MB in the graphics card.
My software worked nicely on windows XP, but now, I’m testing it on windows vista/7 and have some errors. These errors are characterized by calculation errors, screen corruption and cudaUnknownError message when copy from GPU memory.
These errors usually appear when I resize the graphic interface or when I create and resize a 3D surface made with java3D (an optional part of my software). The frequency of these errors decreases drastically (but not dissapears) when I set more free memory in CUDA (maybe 128MB).
Well, I think that the problem is that CUDA core and my graphic interface fight for using the graphic card memory, but I don’t know if there is any way of manage this memory sharing.
So, if you know how to solve this in some way, please tell it to me.