Strange results of deviceQuery and bandwidthTest on Mac Mini

Hey,

I’m using a 2009 Intel Mac Mini (C2D @ 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM and 9400M GPU). I’ve tried CUDA on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and on Windows 7 64-Bit via boot camp.

The first strange result occurs with the execution of the deviceQuery application.

Whereas the Mac OS X version reports a 9400 GPU running at 1.1 GHz whereas the Windows version reports a clock rate of 0.8 GHz.

The second strange thing is the result of bandwidthTest.

I don’t know all the numbers right now, but the interesting one is the “Device to Device Bandwidth”.

Whereas the Mac OS X version (with the obviously higher clocked 9400 GPU) achieved around 2000 MB/s, the Windows 7 version scored over 7500 MB/s!

Of course, I’m using the most recent drivers which are available for the platforms, but I have no explanation for these results.

Does anyone have an idea or explanation for these results?

Thanks!

Hey,

I’m using a 2009 Intel Mac Mini (C2D @ 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM and 9400M GPU). I’ve tried CUDA on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and on Windows 7 64-Bit via boot camp.

The first strange result occurs with the execution of the deviceQuery application.

Whereas the Mac OS X version reports a 9400 GPU running at 1.1 GHz whereas the Windows version reports a clock rate of 0.8 GHz.

The second strange thing is the result of bandwidthTest.

I don’t know all the numbers right now, but the interesting one is the “Device to Device Bandwidth”.

Whereas the Mac OS X version (with the obviously higher clocked 9400 GPU) achieved around 2000 MB/s, the Windows 7 version scored over 7500 MB/s!

Of course, I’m using the most recent drivers which are available for the platforms, but I have no explanation for these results.

Does anyone have an idea or explanation for these results?

Thanks!