Stuck in "searching for attachable processses" loop

Hi, I’m trying to get nsight working on manjaro linux. I’ve installed the cuda-tools package, ran ncu-ui, built my binary, and launched it through nsight, and although the application runs, it’s unable to attach. The progress log dialogue just gets stuck in this loop:

Preparing to launch...
Launched process: eng-gfx-consumer (pid: 206607)
Attempting to automatically connect...
Searching for attachable processes on localhost:49152-49215...

Could I get some advice for solving this? Thanks

1 Like

Can you check that one of these ports is accessible on your system for the current user? Alternatively, you can change the default port range in the UI’s options dialog (Tools > Options > Connection). During the first CUDA API call, the launched target process attempts to open a socket on one of these ports, and the host UI tries to find and connect to them.

It can also help to

• double-check that your app is in fact running CUDA
  • try with a small CUDA sample application first, to debug if the issue is specific to your app, or general on your system
  • try to collect non-interactively through the Profile activity, or the ncu command line interface (and open the report written with the -o flag in the UI afterwards).

Same here (Nsight Compute 2021.1.0.0) …

• code runs CUDA
  • This is the line where it blocks (right at the begining of the code)
    HANDLE_ERROR( cudaMallocManaged((void**)&m_block , sizeof(uint64_t)) );
  • Whether I start using “Interactive Profile” or “Profile” … it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t go beyond the cudaMallocManaged() function.

Any help would be appreciated.