Toolkit 11.7 setup problems & Cannot build samples on MS Visual Studio 2022

I installed CUDA Toolkit 11.7 following the instruction on my computer where I have only MS Visual Studio Community 2022.

I got the following problems:

1. Integrated Graphics Frame Debugger and Profiler was not installed.
  2. Integrated CUDA Profilers was not installed.
  3. CUDA samples from GitHub - NVIDIA/cuda-samples: Samples for CUDA Developers which demonstrates features in CUDA Toolkit are not built in Visual Studio Community 2022, I get a message, see below. I can fix it by using Build Customization in VS for a specific sample project.

|Error|MSB4019|The imported project C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 11.6.props was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 11.6.props is correct, and that the file exists on disk.|C:\projects\cuda\cuda-samples\Samples\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2022.vcxproj|C:\projects\cuda\cuda-samples\Samples\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2022.vcxproj|37||

I did not have any problems with previous dev kit setup on Visual Studio 2019 which I used before but I don’t want to roll back from VS 2022 to VS 2019.

Should I use dev kit 11.6 to fix my problems?

I don’t think you need to do that. I have had similar problems and reason is the project file (,vcxproj) specifically refers to 11.6 files in two places. Change those to 11.7 and it should work. It did for me.

2 Likes