Uart TX not working

I was able to disable the ttyS0 getty service, but I’m still having the same issue - I can read from serial devices just fine (i.e. the RX on the nano is working) but I can’t write to them (TX not working). I have tried multiple nano’s now (since the first one I had needed to be replaced for unrelated reasons) and I have the same issue - TX not working. I’ve tried using both ttyS0 (J50) and ttyTHS1 (J41) and it’s the same issue. RX works but not TX. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this odd behavior?

@nvidiadev1 tell me about it…I think I might buy one just to get to the bottom of this problem.

** UPDATE ** I suspect it has to do with the issues outlined in this thread and if so I am out of luck unless I can figure out a solution that can correctly trigger the TXB0108 level shifter to output at 3.3v – or move to a custom carrier board that uses a different level shifter. @kaitallaoua you might be interested to see this as well, assuming you still have interest in using the nano for your project.

1 Like