@Trumany I just came across this thread because I am having the same problem as @locar_chang - I am connecting a device (Impinj RS1000 RFID module) via UART (J41 / ttyTHS1) to my nano. The RX on the nano is working - I can read data from the RS1000 just fine - it operates at 3.3v. However, TX is not working - the RS1000 won’t receive any data from the nano. I don’t have an oscilloscope handy to confirm it is in fact putting out <1.8v, but I have a strong suspicion this is the issue. I noticed that the Rpu of the UART interface on the RS1000 device is min/typ/max 25/40/55 Kohm (see p.11 of the attached spec), so I’m wondering if the typical “40” is not sufficient? If so do I need to put additional resistance in series on the nano’s TX line for this to work?
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Jetson Nano UART TX pins constantly incorrect voltage levels | 8 | 3672 | May 20, 2021 | |
| Uart TX not working | 17 | 5610 | November 3, 2020 | |
| Problem UART RS232 jetson nano | 1 | 703 | May 20, 2022 | |
| Does anyone have any suggestions for level shifters? | 40 | 5996 | September 23, 2020 | |
| UART output at 100mV | 1 | 541 | April 21, 2022 | |
| Jetson Nano - Issues Communicating with Arduino through UART | 10 | 8828 | January 25, 2020 | |
| Jetson Nano UART TX Pin (Pin 8 J6 Header) corrupts characters | 13 | 3284 | July 12, 2021 | |
| Unreliable serial communcation via the UART TX/RX GPIO Pins | 28 | 11861 | July 2, 2021 | |
| UART Anomaly | 1 | 534 | March 9, 2021 | |
| Unable to use J41 UART with FTDI and CH340 (USB to TTL) converter | 3 | 931 | July 1, 2020 |