Unable to record with deepstream-testsr example on Jetson Orin Nano with DeepStream 6.4

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson Orin Nano
• DeepStream Version
DS 6.4
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
Jetpack 6.0
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
Unable to record a video using deepstream-testsr on Jetson Orin Nano

I’ve been trying to port my own smart recording examples to run on an Orin Nano using the sw encoder, but I’m unable to record a playable video.

So I tried with the deepstream_testsr and I get the same results. I’m using the following command to run.

deepstream-testsr-app rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.64:554/Streaming/Channels/101 --enc-type=1 --sr-mode=1

The pipeline plays and the video is rendered correctly. But the recordings, when played back, just show a green screen.

Here’s the log file
ds.log (470.9 KB)

And here’s one of the saved recordings, on the chance it may help.
With_BBox_00003_20240122-194434_32505.zip (14.2 KB)

Am I missing a step required to use the sw encoders?

Thanks,
Robert.

thanks for the sharing! I can reproduce this issue on Orin with DS6.4. I are investigating.

sorry for the late reply! there is a nvvideoconvert bug. we will fix this bug in the latter versions.
here is a workaround in this sample, replace two nvvideoconvert with nvvidconv.

@fanzh, is there any kind of ETA for when this might git fixed, or when the next release is? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth working around this issue, or if I should just wait.

Thanks,
Robert.

sorry, there is no public ETA. please pay attention to the DeepStream release notification.
what is your company name? Maybe you can contact sales or after-sales.

Thanks @fanzh , I will inquire through my Inception contacts.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.