Dear NVidia Team,
Seeing that CONFIG_USB_CONFIGFS_F_PTP=y in tegra_defconfig, I would like if it is possible to convert the Jetson boards to an USB PTP Gadget, please ? By PTP, I mean Picture Transfer Protocol.
Thanks in advance and best regards,
For information, do you use Jetpack 4 or Jetpack 5?
Currently, we are using jetpack-4.5.1.
Thanks in advance,
From RidgeRun Wiki, I understand how to setup a gadget (USB Ethernet, UVC, Mass Storage) for Jetson using configFS :
However, I have difficulty to create the instance of PTP function as I have not known what would be the correct PTP function name in the following syntax :
mkdir functions/<name>.<instance name>
where is mass_storage for Mass Storage Gadget (with usb_f_mass_storage driver) or hid for Human Interface Device (keyboard) or ecm for USB ethernet gadget or uvc for USB Video Class, …
Also, I found a “simple” implementation of ptp gadget function in below location : <public_sources_xavier_nx_tx2_jp4_5_1_r32_5_1>/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel_src/kernel/kernel-4.9/drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_ptp.c :
* Gadget Function Driver for PTP
* Copyright (C) 2014 Google, Inc.
* Author: Badhri Jagan Sridharan <email@example.com>
* This software is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public
* License version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation, and
* may be copied, distributed, and modified under those terms.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
static struct usb_function_instance *ptp_alloc_inst(void)
static struct usb_function *ptp_alloc(struct usb_function_instance *fi)
return function_alloc_mtp_ptp(fi, false);
DECLARE_USB_FUNCTION_INIT(ptp, ptp_alloc_inst, ptp_alloc);
MODULE_AUTHOR("Badhri Jagan Sridharan");
I am not sure if above driver is enough for PTP function. And based on the Makefile in the same location :
usb_f_ptp-y := f_ptp.o
obj-$(CONFIG_USB_F_PTP) += usb_f_ptp.o
should its driver be usb_f_ptp ?
We have checked with teams and confirmed PTP is not a supported gadget. This would need other users to share experience.
Thanks @DaneLLL ,
May I ask whether MTP is supported, please ?
MTP is not supported by upstream Linux kernel so we don’t support it as well.
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.