Video (VDPAU) playback problem since upgrade

Hello

I run 32-bit Gentoo on a laptop sporting a GeForce 9300M GS video card.

I recently upgraded the drivers to version 319.32 after they went stable in portage. Since the upgrade I have had problems playing back divx encoded video under a VDPAU enabled player. The files played back fine prior to the upgrade, and continue to play properly on non NVidia-based systems

I have vlc compiled without VDPAU support and playback is fine.

mplayer (and other players that use mplayer) with VDPAU support plays back divx fine if it is in an AVI container, or if it is in MKV container without subtitles. If subtitles are added to the MKV container, video playback is at a much faster speed to the audio playback. The same file plays fine in vlc

XBMC, which uses it’s own fork of mplayer (with VDPAU) now is unable to play back and divx video properly, regardless of container. Sometimes it will play the audio with no video, at other times it will hang the application. There is nothing in the xbmc logs to indicate any problems

All these problems occured since upgrading nvidia-drivers and rebooting the laptop, with no other changes/upgrades to any multimedia based applications or libraries. The problems do not disappear upon further reboots

Is anybody else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks

Jason

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please provide information that will help to reproduce the issue :

• nvidia bug report
  • Reproduction steps in detail
  • Desktop Environment you are using like KDE, GNOME, Unity etc… ?
  • Window Manager you are using Compiz, gnome-shell, Kwin, Unity etc… ?
  • Using any display manager like gdm, kdm etc… ?
  • Video clip for testing?