Visual Profiler (CPU-TIME)

Hello.

What is measured in the (CPU TIME) column of visual profiler output? Is this the time required to launch the kernel? the PCIe delay?

I’m coding an iterative process in which each iteration is mapped to a kernel launch. I’m worried because the GPU TIME and CPU TIME are almost identicall, this mean that the kernel is doing too litle computation?

Thanks.

Hello.

What is measured in the (CPU TIME) column of visual profiler output? Is this the time required to launch the kernel? the PCIe delay?

I’m coding an iterative process in which each iteration is mapped to a kernel launch. I’m worried because the GPU TIME and CPU TIME are almost identicall, this mean that the kernel is doing too litle computation?

Thanks.

In my investigations I figured out that ‘CPU TIME’ is the amount of time required to send the work to the gpu + the time needed by the kernel + the time required to the gpu send the results back, so cpu_time is always > gpu_time.

's

In my investigations I figured out that ‘CPU TIME’ is the amount of time required to send the work to the gpu + the time needed by the kernel + the time required to the gpu send the results back, so cpu_time is always > gpu_time.

's