wrong results given by the GPU the classical matr mul using shared memory outpus wrong results

i’ve tried to implement the classical matrix multiplication method that uses shared memory on a GTS250 ; but gpu seems to output some slightly different results (sometines a big difference) than that computed in a cpu code …
i’ve tried the same code in an emulation mode (using -deviceemu) and results were 100% correct …
then that shows that there’s something wrong with the device ??
what could be the reason ??

i’ve tried to implement the classical matrix multiplication method that uses shared memory on a GTS250 ; but gpu seems to output some slightly different results (sometines a big difference) than that computed in a cpu code …
i’ve tried the same code in an emulation mode (using -deviceemu) and results were 100% correct …
then that shows that there’s something wrong with the device ??
what could be the reason ??

nothing explains the errors that are obtained ?
could it be that in simulation, i didn’t specified the GPU version (GTS250) so he didn’t considered the real amount of shared memory or something like that ?

nothing explains the errors that are obtained ?
could it be that in simulation, i didn’t specified the GPU version (GTS250) so he didn’t considered the real amount of shared memory or something like that ?

What data type are you using?

What data type are you using?

data type : float everywhere (cpu or gpu)
i want to know is there someway to specify the amount of shared memory per block in the simulator, as he’ll not able to know that i’m acutally using (gts250)

thnks

data type : float everywhere (cpu or gpu)
i want to know is there someway to specify the amount of shared memory per block in the simulator, as he’ll not able to know that i’m acutally using (gts250)

thnks