Xavier add FDT unable to start the system

After I install the deb file for the custom loader, I modified the extlinx.conf file.add the FDT /boot/<dtb_file>, After rebooting, the system could not start.
but I test TX2 in the same way,I modified the extlinx.conf file.add the
FDT /boot/dtb/<dtb_file>, The system starts up normally after reboot.

Share the log along with your problem please. Also, read following thread to share necessary info.

xavier.txt (43.2 KB)
Hi
The log has been uploaded, please help to analyze it.

Hi,

Just want to confirm, is this dtb file a original one from sdkmanager/jetpack or a new one customized by you?

Hi
This DTB file is a custom file.Let me tell you a little bit about the purpose of the test.I have upgraded the system of the customized loader from R32.4.3 to R32.5.1, and my DTS file is R32.5.0, will this affect the startup?I refer to the link below.
https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=Customize_JetPack_Installation_with_OTA_Update

Hi,

The ridgerrun page is not maintained by official engineers. We cannot guarantee whether this would work or not.

You can try to use official DTB on rel-32.5.1 and rel-32.4.4 separately first to clarify this issue first.

Hi,
I test the Xavier official DTB file in the same way and it will start.
Our custom boards R32.4.3 and R32.5.0 BSP have been tested and function is normal.
What could be the reason?

Need a precise answer. So you’ve tested the official DTB on rel-32.4.3 and rel-32.5 on your board and they work fine with the FDT?

1.I use the Xavier developer kit,system version r32.4.4, Upgrade to r32.5.1, Use the official DTB r32.5.0,add FDT=/boot/dtbfile, after the restart,It starts up normally.
2.I use custom board,r32.5.0 upgrade to r32.5.1, Use the official DTB file r32.5.0,add FDT=/boot/dtbfile,after the restart, normal access to the system.

Ok, based on (2), then what would happen if you use the customized DTB?

If it would crash, what is the info of your customized dtb? Is it based on rel-32.5.1? or something else? What did you add to this dtb?

The problem with using the custom board DTB is the same as the Xavier.txt sent before.
The custom board is based on R32.4.3 and R32.5.0. The custom version mainly adds dual USB Type A 3.0, 1 USB TypeC 3.0, 1 Gigabit network port, 1 HDMI port, and 2 M.2 Key E port

I don’t get what do you mean it is based on r32.4.3 and r32.5. Do you mean there are 2 dtb files or only 1 dtb file?

Sorry, I didn’t express myself clearly. The customized board BSP discussed today is R32.5.0, and the discussion yesterday involved the customized board R32.4.3

Could you make a clear statement what is the exact scenario to hit this problem?

Do not mess up both r32.4.3 and r32.5.0 altogether. According to previous discussion, I feel this issue is purely from the customized dtb. But not the FDT function. I mean you will see the same problem if you directly use the flash.sh to flash your customize dtb to the custom board.

Let me summarize the problem:

1. Our custom board BSP r32.4.3 and r32.5.0 has been tested and it works normally.
    2.Before, the test customization board was upgraded from R32.4.3 to R32.5.1, but we did not make BSP for R32.5.1, so we used DTB file for R32.5.0. After the upgrade, we added FDT=/boot/ Dtbfile, and the system failed to start after reboot. The startup log has been posted
    3.According to what you said before, test the official DTB file , so I tested it today,
    (1)I use the Xavier developer kit,system version r32.4.4, Upgrade to r32.5.1, Use the official DTB r32.5.0,add FDT=/boot/dtbfile, after the restart,It starts up normally.
    (2).I use custom board,r32.5.0 upgrade to r32.5.1, Use the official DTB file r32.5.0,add FDT=/boot/dtbfile,after the restart, normal access to the system.
    4.The DTS file of our custom board tested well, but after the upgrade, the system could not be started using this file

Hi,

Our custom board BSP r32.4.3 and r32.5.0 has been tested and it works normally.

What and how did you “test” here? Are you using the FDT? or just the flash.sh with your DTB?

Before, the test customization board was upgraded from R32.4.3 to R32.5.1

What kind of method is using for the upgrade here? apt-get upgrade? Or the rigerun page?

4.The DTS file of our custom board tested well, but after the upgrade, the system could not be started using this file

Again, what is “tested” here? The FDT function? or just flash.sh to the board?

Hi,
1.What and how did you “test” here? Are you using the FDT? or just the flash.sh with your DTB?
I use flash.sh test
2.What kind of method is using for the upgrade here? apt-get upgrade? Or the rigerun page?
use apt-upgrade
change $ sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list.r32.4 to r32.5,then upgrade
3.Again, what is “tested” here? The FDT function? or just flash.sh to the board?
I use flash.sh test

Did you follow anything from the rigerun page as you mentioned?

Yes, after upgrading the system, I operated according to the Rigerun Page

Do you use the debian package made from Rigerun Page to do the apt upgrade

Or

You are using the default debian package provided by NV to do the apt-get upgrade?