Xid 31 after wakeup from sleep

I have a Quadro P2000 and I am currently running Folding at Home full time. It does work perfectly but when I sometimes send the computer to sleep it wakes up having no access to computation. clinfo shows 0 platforms and programs I use like darktable or FAH fail to use the GPU.

The crucial failure is always a Xid 31 which is driver related.
(NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:01:00): 31, pid=734, Ch 00000002, intr 10000000. MMU Fault: ENGINE HOST6 HUBCLIENT_HOST faulted @ 0x1_01011000. Fault is of type FAULT_PDE ACCESS_TYPE_READ)

I tried the workaround using “rmmod nvidia_uvm; modprobe nvidia_uvm”, but it is not working because “ERROR: Module nvidia_uvm is in use”.
Another workaround using nvidia-smi by enabling persistence mode and limiting to only one computing context, also does not work out for me.
Only restarting the PC solves this issue

I really appreciate help, workarounds or bug smashing

nvidia-bug-report.log (2.0 MB)

I’m also seeing this issue with the exact same error, in the exact same situation.

Running “rmmod nvidia_uvm; modprobe nvidia_uvm” did solve the issue for me.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (328.3 KB)

Still seeing the same issue. Is there a fix planned for this?

@elFarto
Please help to provide reliable repro steps to duplicate issue locally.

The steps seem to be:

1. Play a video using NVDECODE. I’ve tested both mpv and Firefox + my VA-API implementation, both exhibit the issue.
  2. Pause the video.
  3. Suspend the computer
  4. Resume the computer
  5. Resume the video. At this point the driver will print an Xid 31 error in the kernel log.
  6. Attempting to play another video will fail with an Xid 31 error.

The rmmod/modprobe trick above seems to resolve the issue.

Regards
elFarto

Is there any update to this issue, it’s still effecting a lot of people[1]?

[1] https://github.com/elFarto/nvidia-vaapi-driver/issues/253