1D texture bound to linear memory

I was trying to incorporate texture into my kernel (only for cache purpose) but I ran into problems.
I am restricted to linear memory, as opposed to Cuda Array because of my large array (1million elements) and:
“For a one-dimensional texture reference bound to a CUDA array, the maximum width is 2^13;”
where as
“For a one-dimensional texture reference bound to linear memory, the maximum width is 2^27;”

Since I am new to this, I wrote a simple program to verify that I can fetch texture data but even that is not succeeding:

texture<float, 1, cudaReadModeElementType> tex1Ref;
texture<float, 1, cudaReadModeElementType> tex2Ref; // not used in this example but will have many texture references in the final program

global void reflect(float* dTest){
dTest[threadIdx.x] = tex1Dfetch(tex1Ref,threadIdx.x);
}

float* dRed;
vector hRed(1000000);
float hTest[1000000];
// hRed is populated here…

cudaMalloc( (void**) &dRed, 1000000sizeof(float));
cudaMalloc( (void**) &dTest, 1000000
sizeof(float));
cudaMemcpy(dRed, &hRed[0], 1000000sizeof(float), cudaMemcpyHostToDevice);
cudaBindTexture(NULL,tex1Ref, dRed);
reflect<<<1,100>>>(dTest);
cudaMemcpy(hTest, dTest, 1000000
sizeof(float), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost);

// Compare the values hTest and hRed…

Is there something I am missing in the texture setup?
I am using a GTX2xx series GPU.

Regards

Don’t you need to specify the number of bytes in the texture in the cudaBindTexture call?

Here is a random cudaBindTexture from my code that I know works:

cudaError_t error = cudaBindTexture(0, pdata_pos_tex, pdata.pos, sizeof(float4) * pdata.N)

You should also check the error return codes from all calls to help diagnose the problem.

Thank you Mr Anderson.

I am checking the error codes of course, just omitted them in the posting for brevity.