Add NVIDIA Control Panel Keyboard Shortcuts to Toggle Profile/Settings

Context:
My old computer automatically adjusted the screen brightness based on the ambient lighting. That feature is absent on my new computer/monitor, and I don’t even have a brightness slider control in the Windows 10 Action Center. Adjusting the brightness manually through the NVIDIA Control Panel or the monitor itself is laborious.

Feature Request:
I’d like to see built-in keyboard shortcuts that would allow the user to toggle between two brightness settings (or profiles, or whatever), or at the very least, a keyboard shortcut that could open a brightness slider to adjust like it does in the Windows 10 Action Center on some PCs.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi there @jarbyy and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Can you be a little bit more verbose about your Github link please? Otherwise our system might detect it as unsolicited advertisment (again) and mark it as spam.

Especially since this is such an old post.

Thanks!

Sure. I have been looking for a single click solution to dim and brighten my monitor for years. I used to manually go into the Nvidia settings and set the brightness down everytime at night.

Use the app in the GitHub to create a single click solution to modify your brightness settings. Create two folders with two different instances and create two shortcuts on your start bar. I’ve been looking to also tie in Windows Night Mode but supposedly that’s a registry setting.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Jarbyy, so many years I’m looking for this kind of toogle, tired to go in control panel 10 times a day only to move brightness.
That work great for me, the only thing I wanna change is the console command that pop at the end of each clic, i’m not developper but I have some notion in C#, if I just delete line 70 to 82 will the program still work ?
What I wish is hotkey on my keyboard to move the brightness, for example by holding “Ctrl+Alt+Num5” it switch brightness to 50%, Num4 for 40%…

Thanks again ! (And sorry for my english)

Thank you for the clarification @jarbyy and thanks for the nice tool!