After EEP modif, nano does not boot any more

Hi,
I was testing the I2C bus of nano with a C++ lib and accidentally I changed EEPROM content (at I2C adress 0x50). After that the nano can’t boot
I know well x86/Windows but I come recently to linux/nano world.
My board is a Nano dev Kit B01.

data: I get only one Nano dev Kit (not starting) and I don’t get any computer with linux OS

I try to reburn an OS image on th SD card but it does not solve the problem.

I read deeply this forum post : after i2cset test, nano can't boot
but the process to fix that seems not easy and repeatable.
Is there an easy way or a well documented procedure to reflash the EEPROM in this situation ?

Somebody can help me.

Bernard

Nope. The only solution is on that post.
For rel-32.4.3, I think this method shall work.

Hi Wayne,
Where I add this change ? in the burnt image on SD card ?
Bernard

No, please learn to use sdkmanager. It will download a package on your ubuntu host. That file is in the package.

OK, I will try that.
My PC is under W10; is it OK ?
Bernard

No, you need a ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04 host.

I dont have one (as I mentioned in my initial post only W10). Do you think I emulate an ubuntu or use WSL proposed by MS/W10 ?
Bernard

Hi,

Unfortunately, a VM may not work. If you really cannot get a ubuntu host, then another way is to RMA your Nano and get a new one.

I will install Ubuntu as double Boot with W10. The last version of Ubuntu is 20.04 LTS. Do i need absolutely a 16.04 or 10.04 as you mentioned ?
Bernard

Please use 18.04. The support of 20.04 is unknown.

Hi wayne,
Ok now I’ve installed Ubuntu 18.04 and the sdk manager.
Could you give me the procedure to modify the files in#2 ?
Must I install all components?

I cannot find a clear nvidia doc on how to burn a SD card from SDK manager.
I guess, because of my Nano not starting, that I cannot connect a physical link between my host computer (where is Ubuntu 18.04 and the sdk manager) and the nano.

I come recently to linux/nano world, can someone help ?

https://docs.nvidia.com/sdk-manager/index.html

Please refer to this link.

Then check if sdkmanager downloaded a folder “Linux_for_Tegra” on your host after you run the installation.

I read the sdk manager documentation but it explains the different menus, it’s not a real application guide and there is nothing on how to create an image for an SD card.

Yes sdk manager created a folder “Linux_for_Tegra” in /home/bernard/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT

Hi,

When we are going to developing something or check system issue, we don’t create sdcard image but directly using the driver package downloaded by sdkmanager to flash the board.

Now you have the driver package folder, how about checking if the file mentioned in patch is existing there or not?

Please also check the quick start guide in below page.

Hi,
Yes the 2 files mentioned in the patch exist (in the main folder JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT and in one of its subfolder).
So what’s the process now :

• I modified these 2 files according to #2
  • I plug the SD card in HOST (where is sdk manager)
  • I run the SDK manager in repair mode
    ?

Please read the quick start guide and try to use the flash.sh to flash the board. Before flashing, need to put the device into recovery mode.

We don’t use sdkmanager now. Just use it to download Linux_for_Tegra.

OK I get it.
In my particular case, can you give me the the exact parameters for the flash command (sudo ./flash.sh [switches] ) ? Thanks

Hi,

All the available board config is under Linux_for_Tegra as *.conf.

For your case, if you are using jetson nano with sdcard slot, you should choose jetson-nano-qspi-sd

Hi Wayne,
it’s not working.

• I configur the nano board in recovery mode
  • I can see the Nano connected when I do an lsusb
    But when I launch the flash command (sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1) I get an error. I try several times. same results.
    See below (terminal on HOST ubuntu computer):

bernard@bernard-Aspire-VN7-791:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1
###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R32 , REVISION: 4.3

Target Board Information:

Name: jetson-nano-qspi-sd, Board Family: t210ref, SoC: Tegra 210,

OpMode: production, Boot Authentication: ,

./tegraflash.py --chip 0x21 --applet “/home/bernard/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/nvtboot_recovery.bin” --skipuid --cmd “dump eeprom boardinfo cvm.bin”
Welcome to Tegra Flash
version 1.0.0
Type ? or help for help and q or quit to exit
Use ! to execute system commands

[ 0.0015 ] Generating RCM messages
[ 0.0026 ] tegrarcm --listrcm rcm_list.xml --chip 0x21 0 --download rcm /home/bernard/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/nvtboot_recovery.bin 0 0
[ 0.0033 ] RCM 0 is saved as rcm_0.rcm
[ 0.0040 ] RCM 1 is saved as rcm_1.rcm
[ 0.0040 ] List of rcm files are saved in rcm_list.xml
[ 0.0040 ]
[ 0.0041 ] Signing RCM messages
[ 0.0049 ] tegrasign --key None --list rcm_list.xml --pubkeyhash pub_key.key
[ 0.0056 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key
[ 0.0115 ]
[ 0.0116 ] Copying signature to RCM mesages
[ 0.0125 ] tegrarcm --chip 0x21 0 --updatesig rcm_list_signed.xml
[ 0.0138 ]
[ 0.0138 ] Boot Rom communication
[ 0.0146 ] tegrarcm --chip 0x21 0 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml --skipuid
[ 0.0153 ] RCM version 0X210001
[ 0.0571 ] Boot Rom communication completed
[ 1.0639 ]
[ 1.0640 ] dump EEPROM info
[ 1.0655 ] tegrarcm --oem platformdetails eeprom /home/bernard/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/cvm.bin
[ 1.0671 ] Applet version 00.01.0000
[ 1.0694 ] Saved platform info in /home/bernard/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_NANO_DEVKIT/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/cvm.bin
[ 1.1458 ]
Parsing board information failed.