Alpha Streammux Events

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) dGPU
• DeepStream Version 5.1
• TensorRT Version The latest one with Deepstream 5.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 460.39

Hello, I have a custom app running with RTMP inputs. I used the alpha streammux by adding the environment variable - “export USE_NEW_NVSTREAMMUX=yes”. If any one of the sources hits an EOS, alpha streammux doesn’t trigger the GST_NVEVENT_STREAM_EOS.

I have a few questions,

1. Would this event be generated even if the source stops abruptly?
  2. Are there any plans to add more events to alpha streammux?

It may trigger error event instead of EOS event

EOS event is triggered by source.

1 Like

Interesting thanks for the reply, In deepstream 5, when rtmp streaming is stopped, streammux doesn’t throw any error as such(The process doesn’t exit, more likely it just resumes once buffers start flowing through), i have to add a watchdog element which would then throw an error to signify no buffers are coming through.

So far in deepstream 5.1 using both the alpha streammux and the default streammux, I don’t get errors when buffers stop flowing in from the source.

Neither does, streammux trigger the said event when the source hits an EOS.
Would like to hear your thoughts on this

nvstreammux only trigger source-id designated EOS when the correspondence source generate EOS.

nvstreammux and alpha nvstreammux do not handle and trigger any new EOS. They just repeat the EOS from source.

If the buffer stop flowing is allowed by the rtmp protocol, there will be no error.