Arducam driver deleting /proc/device-tree/serial-number

Hi,

I’m using a Jetson Nano with Jetpack 4.4, and when I’m installing the Arducam’s driver, the ‘file’ /proc/device-tree/serial-number is removed at reboot. When I remove the driver (sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel) +reboot, the file reappear. I’vs spoke with the team at Arducam and told me it was a operating os issue

Is there a way to resolve that ? Like rebuild the tree?

Soft: # R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:44:43 UTC 2020
Linux 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 16 12:32:46 PDT 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

hello cellule.rd115,

is it possible to review the device tree sources?
it should be customer’s device tree to have /delete-node/ or /delete-property/ to remove this node by accident.

Hi @JerryChang

I’m very noob to this stuff but if I understand correctly, I unpack the .deb driver of arducam and decompile the dts inside;
I have not found any /delete-node/ or /delete-property/ inside.

Here the pastebin :

hello cellule.rd115,

can you have an alternative ways for checking serial number.
for example, $ sudo i2cdump -f -y 2 0x50

Hi @JerryChang ,

Yes I am able to;

But sadly the program I’m using is requiring having access to the serial number in the device tree to activate the license. Is there a way to force creating a file in the device tree?

hello JohnMike,

had you update bootloader binaries, for example, uboot?

it’s nvdtshim to add serial number as device tree property,
could you please gather the complete kernel logs, do you have this error log present? i.e. Failed to add serialno in DT.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.