Assigning Static IP address to DHCP clients from Jetson Nano DHCPserver

Hello,
We have issue in dhcp server which is hosted by Jetson Nano. Our setup consists of Jetson Nano as Access Point, has dhcp server and Android Tablet as a client.
We have tried to increase the lease time in /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf

default-lease-time 7200;
max-lease-time 7500;

But it does not have any effect on lease time
Then we tried to limit the dhcp range by configuring /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf

subnet 192.168.9.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
range 192.168.9.10 192.168.9.11;
option domain-name-servers ns01.internal.test.net;
option domain-name “internal.test.net”;
option routers 192.168.9.1;
option broadcast-address 192.168.9.255;
default-lease-time 7200;
max-lease-time 7500;
}

Still the IP on android was not in this range.

Please guide us for limiting the range of dhcp in Jetson Nano

I can’t answer the specific information you need, it has been a long time since I’ve worked on DHCP setup and there is much I no longer remember. However, this is not specific to a Jetson, and is in fact part of the DHCP server setup itself. Lease time is only a “suggestion”, combined with perhaps rules to attempt to allow reassignment of the same IP address during a renewal. In order to get what you want you would need to add a rule to match the MAC address of the tablet to a specific IP address. This is still “dynamic” addressing and not “static”, but it is dynamic from a pool of a single reserved IP address. To be “static” this would require the address to be set from the tablet (which I doubt is possible for Wi-Fi).

Incidentally, even if you have a pool of addresses with a range of only one, there is likely to be a conflict between disconnect and reconnect because the server does not know this is the same device without the MAC address assignment.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.