Attempting Multihead Setup FX880M 3 Monitor (Displayport) setup

Hello. I’m attempting to run a multihead setup on my laptop (Elitebook 8540W) on some U2414H Displayport monitors from Dell. I have successfully installed the proprietary driver from Nvidia but can’t seem to get the Xorg setup correct.

I have followed the nvidia setup instructions. The first displayport monitor and my laptop monitor run fine in a dualscreen mode with xrandr. However, the third screen doesn’t come up no matter what I do although if I run xrandr I can see that its “connected”. When I try to connect it via “xrandr --output DP-6 --auto --right-of DP-5” I get an “CRTC not found” error.

Similarly, when I run nvidia-settings, that screen shows up as “connected” but when I try to enable it through a screen I get an error like “MetaMode 1 of Screen 0 has more than 2 active display devices.”

Anyways, I was wondering if someone from nvidia could help me with my Xsetup or point me toward an appropriate resources for running two monitors and laptop screen using the 880M.

Thank you.

lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro FX 880M] (rev a2)
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (118 KB)

I think maximum supported displays for this card are Two only.