Blue Screen while compiling cuda example projects Blue Screen (BAD_POOL_HEADER)

I am trying to compile the example projects that come along with the CUDA 2.2 SDK. Half way through the compilation my system crashes and I am presented with the blue screen.

My operating system is Vista 64 bit home premium.
Graphics card : GeForce 9500M GS
Visual Studio 2008(32 bit installation)

I tried using both the 64 and 32 bit versions of the CUDA 2.2 drivers, tool kit and SDK. I also tried the notebook and general releases of the driver. But I am either getting a BAD_POOL_HEADER or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error in the blue screen.
I am trying to compile using visual studio.But the exe versions of the example projects in the bin folder all seem to work very well in both the 32 bit and 64bit versions and I am able to see the demos.

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

This isn’t a CUDA bug. If your computer is crashing while compiling, that normally points to overheating, bad RAM, or a disk issue.

Hi netllama. Thanks for you reply. I have resolved this issue. It may sound weird. But out of the various things I tried this solution worked fine. Although I am logged in as the administrator I had to install the CUDA SDK by running the exe file using “run as administrator”. This fixed the issue.Apparently there must have been an issue with the installation otherwise. Some bug in Vista I suppose.