Boot from USB SSD after adding FDT /boot/arducam/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00-imx477.dtb in extlinux.conf

Looks like kernel is being found. What is the next problem we have here?

Oh, I see you boot from sdcard this time. So you don’t use usb drive anymore, do you?

If I transfer to ssd usb, according to your instructions, will everything work?
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E02L0HA
And this method not working -

• Create GPT partition table on USB device with only one ext4 partition with the label “APP” (the docs suggest so, but it’s probably not significant)
  • Clone the mounted and running system to the USB device (method suggested by the Arch Wiki):
    $ sudo e2image -ra -p /dev/mmcblk1 /dev/sda1 -f
  • Edit /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf on USB device to boot from /dev/sda1 instead of /dev/mmcblk1 .
    (I tried with de UUID instead of /dev/sda but it didn’t work, maybe I wrote it incorrectly).

Hi,

I cannot guarantee if everything would work. This dtb, driver and image are all from Arducam.

They are the 3rdparty vendors and we are NVIDIA. We don’t guarantee whether their script is for usb boot case. Also, their software version is rel-32.4.3 but you are using rel32.5. This also has risk too.

Should we expect the integration of the imx477 driver into JP4.6?

Hi,

There’re already IMX477 sensor driver within r32.5 public release sources.
for example,

$L4T_Sources/r32.5/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel/nvidia/drivers/media/i2c$ ls imx477*
imx477.c  imx477_mode_tbls.h

It will work without installing the kernel and dtb from Arducam? Wow, еhen excuse me, I hastened with the creation of the topic
SENSOR_ID=0 # 0 for CAM0 and 1 for CAM1 ports
FRAMERATE=60 # Framerate can go from 2 to 60 for 1920x1080 mode
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=$SENSOR_ID ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920,height=1080,framerate=$FRAMERATE/1” ! nvvidconv ! nvoverlaysink

hello ssvemail1987,

since you’d apply the patch (kernel/dtb) from Arducam, that’s Arducam to maintain the kernel sources.
those kernel changes may include to JP-4.6 only if Arducam share the kernel changes and submit them to back to nvidia release code-line;
however,
the other approach should ask Arducam share the Loadable Kernel Module (LKM) of IMX477. A loadable kernel module (LKM) is a mechanism for adding code to, or removing code from, the Linux kernel at run time.
thanks