Cannot find windows.h

I’ve just installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, I’ve set it up for cuda (Syntax highlighting, Building, Intellisense), I’ve opened one of the sample projects from the sdk but I get the following error when i rebuild the project:

“fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘windows.h’: No such file or directory c:\CUDA\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\inc\cutil_inline_runtime.h”

What do you suggest?

Thanks very much!

P.S.: I don’t have a cuda enabled GPU but I’m trying to run in device emulation mode.

Windows.h comes as part of the Windows SDK, which should have been installed with VS 2008. Have a look at the folder “Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows” on whatever drive you installed VS 2008. There should be at least one sub folder, like “v5.0” (I think that was the one packaged with VS 2008). If any of this is missing, you’ll have to download the right version of the Windows SDK from Microsoft. If all the folders are there, you might just have to add the include folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0\Include”) to the list of include folders for your project.

Windows.h comes as part of the Windows SDK, which should have been installed with VS 2008. Have a look at the folder “Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows” on whatever drive you installed VS 2008. There should be at least one sub folder, like “v5.0” (I think that was the one packaged with VS 2008). If any of this is missing, you’ll have to download the right version of the Windows SDK from Microsoft. If all the folders are there, you might just have to add the include folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0\Include”) to the list of include folders for your project.