Cannot open source code in VS Code | Isaac Sim running on AWS EC2 Instance

Hello,

I am trying to open the source code for the RoboParty Isaac Example using Nvidia Omniverse on a g5.2xlarge EC2 instance using Amazon Web Services. When I click on the button to open the source code, I get an error in the terminal that says:

2022-11-18 00:01:40 [288,174ms] [Warning] [omni.isaac.ui.callbacks] Could not open in VSCode. See Troubleshooting help here: The Visual Studio Code command-line interface

How do I go about viewing the source code for these examples?

Thank you,

Grayson

Hi @gbbyrd

The VS Code button does not work on remote deployment. In this case, you will need to connect via SSH and modify the code from there, as indicated in this post

Hello Toni,

Thank you for your reply!

Do you mean that I will have to modify the code by navigating directories through the terminal and opening specific files?

Thank you!

Grayson

Hi @gbbyrd

The recommended way to work with VS Code in remote containers is by using the remote ssh extension

By using it, you will have access to all files from VS Code and to a pre-configured workspace with Python auto-complete capabilities and others (if you open the /isaac-sim folder in VS Code): 4. Python Environment Installation — Omniverse Robotics documentation