I have a question about which cards are supported in which versions.
The following two points have been very clearly communicated throughout:
- Optix 3.8 / CUDA 7.0 - Fermi, Kepler & Maxwell.
- Optix 4.0.2 / CUDA 7.5 - Kepler, Maxwell & Pascal.
My question is about the two in-between versions, 3.9 & 3.9.1
- 3.9 Release Notes: "CUDA capable devices of Compute Capability 2.0 (“Fermi”) or higher are supported on GeForce, Quadro, or Tesla class NVIDIA products."
- 4.0.0 Release Notes: "Support for Fermi class GPUs has been removed."
- 4.0.2 Release Notes: "All NVIDIA GPUs of Compute Capability 3.0 (Kepler) or higher are supported. Note that this is a change from OptiX 3.9, as Fermi class GPUs are no longer supported."
- 3.9 Release Notes: The word "Pascal" does not appear.
- Could not find actual 3.9.1 Release Notes. However, in https://developer.nvidia.com/designworks/optix/downloads/legacy, under 3.9.1 Changelog: "Added support for Pascal GPU architectures."
- 4.0.0 Release Notes: "Support for Pascal class GPUs."
So here comes my actual question: Am I understanding correctly, that version 3.9.1 supports both Pascal and Fermi architectures? If yes, does it matter if I use CUDA sdk 7.0 or 7.5 to compile my code (in and for Windows only)?