Change i2c device for camera

hello,
according to the following output, I probably have my serial communication via channel 0 and 1 from the camera, both on device 6.

wlad@ubuntu:~$ sudo i2cdetect -l
i2c-3	i2c       	7000c700.i2c                    	I2C adapter
i2c-1	i2c       	7000c400.i2c                    	I2C adapter
i2c-101	i2c       	tegradc.1                       	I2C adapter
i2c-8	i2c       	i2c-6-mux (chan_id 1)           	I2C adapter
i2c-6	i2c       	Tegra I2C adapter               	I2C adapter
i2c-4	i2c       	7000d000.i2c                    	I2C adapter
i2c-2	i2c       	7000c500.i2c                    	I2C adapter
i2c-0	i2c       	7000c000.i2c                    	I2C adapter
i2c-7	i2c       	i2c-6-mux (chan_id 0)           	I2C adapter
i2c-5	i2c       	7000d100.i2c                    	I2C adapter

is it possible to switch somehow one channel to device 0?

thanks in advance for helping.

Do you mean connect one device to I2C-0? The Yes you can.

I mean to change i2c-6-mux to i2c-0-mux with device tree. Please subscribe how or give example.

I don’t think so

why, my hardware is connected to device 0 and 6 (like the documentation from auvidea), with device 6 it is working, what 2 cameras will recognize although only 1 camera is there. address is set to 0x1a in device tree for both i2c-cameras-serial-communication

where can I find a wire diagram how should the 2 cameras be connected to jetson nano module, in order to use it with jetpack 4.6.2? in reference design and product design guide I have found only with 1 camera.

Hi, you can connect 2 cameras to CAM_I2C directly. Are you using nano devkit or not? If it is not devkit, you should check with vendor of carrier for how to connect that. If you mean the module pin, you can just connect cameras to CAM_I2C pins of module, you can get the pin number referring to P3449 schematic in DLC.

Thanks for the clarification for this special case when cameras are connected via mux chip on the same i2c bus. But how to connect multiple cameras (with the same i2c address) to different i2c buses? Do you know a source where I can look, without single i2c root bus?

When connect to the MUX the different will be in different bus.
Like reference dual imx219 one is in bus 7 another is in bus 8

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.