Could not load dynamic library 'libnvinfer.so.7'

Hi. I have tried every thing I found on the internet for 2 days, installing, uninstalling, rebooting, but I am stuck with this message when importing tensorflow in python 3.9:

2022-10-22 14:18:13.735020: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:193] This TensorFlow binary is optimized with oneAPI Deep Neural Network Library (oneDNN) to use the following CPU instructions in performance-critical operations: AVX2 FMA
To enable them in other operations, rebuild TensorFlow with the appropriate compiler flags.
2022-10-22 14:18:14.196931: E tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_blas.cc:2981] Unable to register cuBLAS factory: Attempting to register factory for plugin cuBLAS when one has already been registered
2022-10-22 14:18:15.108880: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:64] Could not load dynamic library ‘libnvinfer.so.7’; dlerror: libnvinfer.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2022-10-22 14:18:15.108960: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:64] Could not load dynamic library ‘libnvinfer_plugin.so.7’; dlerror: libnvinfer_plugin.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2022-10-22 14:18:15.108968: W tensorflow/compiler/tf2tensorrt/utils/py_utils.cc:38] TF-TRT Warning: Cannot dlopen some TensorRT libraries. If you would like to use Nvidia GPU with TensorRT, please make sure the missing libraries mentioned above are installed properly.

I am on ubuntu2204, with a MX150 nvidia GPU. I’ve installed cuda 11.8, toolkit 11.8, cudnn 8.6, tensorrt 8.

What can I do please?

3 Likes

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did you find any solution? I tried to install libnvinfer related packages. But they can’t be located.

3 Likes

Exact same issue here with Ubuntu 22.04, different graphics board. Can’t get anything to use GPU. Tried at least a dozen recommendations on various threads.

2 Likes

Hi, first install TensorRT (download here), then copy file libnvinfer_plugin.so.8 or libnvinfer_plugin.so which in the TensorRT lib path to libnvinfer_plugin.so.7, it works good for me.

5 Likes

Could you tell me where libnvinfer_plugin.so.8 is?

1 Like

I mostlmy have the same issue.
Is it possible to get some support ?

@tingbopku you may be able to use the workaround posted by another user. Create a symbolic link to the (incorrect) version library, and if you’re on WSL2 Linux like me, add or export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I did this:

(kohya) nano@DESKTOP-73RPGPM:~/kohya_ss$ find / -name libnvinfer.so.8
/home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer.so.8

sudo ln -s /home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer.so.8 /home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer.so.7
sudo ln -s /home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer_plugin.so.8 /home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer_plugin.so.7
libnvinfer_plugin.so.7
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/nano/anaconda3/envs/kohya/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/

Thanks to xxy1836 for the workaround.

8 Likes

This method worked for me but then the next time i ran it the same error popped up without changing a thing. Can you help on that?

ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/home/dextercorley/miniconda3/envs/tf/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer.so.7’: File exists

It seems you’re doing somethimg wrong.
I solve it by:

1. pip install tensoRT
  2. making symlinks:
    ln -s /home/yurimaru/miniconda3/envs/tf/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer.so.8 /home/yurimaru/miniconda3/envs/tf/lib/libnvinfer.so.7
    ln -s /home/yurimaru/miniconda3/envs/tf/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorrt/libnvinfer_plugin.so.8 /home/yurimaru/miniconda3/envs/tf/lib/libnvinfer_plugin.so.7

(Symlinks always works like: ln -s [where the exactly file exists] [where to place a link to your file]

So check if you not forget to erase “sudo”. It might make another error when using under normal user.

This confused me for a while as well, so let me try to share what worked for me.

• Downgrade tensorrt from v8 to v7 (because your TF is looking for v7).
    • Run pip install --upgrade "nvidia-tensorrt<8.0" to make sure that you’re installing the latest v7.x
  • TF reads the env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to look for the file libnvinfer_plugin.so.7, we we need to update the env variable so TF knows where to look for it.
  • export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:{PATH_TO_YOUR_CONDA}/envs/base/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tensorrt
    • Make sure to replace {PATH_TO_YOUR_CONDA} with your actual path. For my system it is /home/tony/miniconda3.

Tips:

• nvidia-tensorrt and tensorrt are the same. It is very confusing
 Kind of like how if you’re installing the Scikit-Learn library you use conda install scikit-learn, but when in Python, you use import sklearn. They are aliases referring to the same thing.
  • Be very careful with which pip you’re using. There is a pip that will install to the site-packages of your system’s Python, and there is another pip that will install to your Conda’s Python.
2 Likes

Assuming that you installed tensorrt (or nvidia-tensorrt) using pip from your Conda’s Python instead of the system’s Python, it will be in the following directory:

{PATH_TO_YOUR_CONDA}/envs/{YOUR_ENV_NAME}/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tensorrt

• Remember to change the two variables to what you have on your system.
  • If you’re using any other version of python (i.e., python3.7, python3.6), then change the chunk python3.8 to match what you have on your system.
1 Like

Welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums @anthony8lee!

Thank you for this clear explanation! I really appreciate the community help.

As an additional tip, we also have a dedicated TensorRT category here on this server, in case anyone has more questions.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! Didn’t know that, but now I do!

I have the same problema however I could not resolve, I post my question in Could not load dynamic library ‘libnvinfer.so.7’