Could PGI compiler be compatible with gnu compiler?

I’m using Intel compiler and PathScale compiler, the two compiler are compatible with gnu compiler, using gcc include file. Could PGI compiler be compatible with gnu compiler futuer?

Hi ZhangXuD,

PGI is object compatible with gcc. Is there something particular your interested in?

• Mat

I’m using Qt, I compile Qt successfully using intel compiler and gnu compiler. I have compiled Qt 3.3.8 and 4.5 RC using PGI compiler, but don’t successfully. Could you try. Thanks!

Hi ZhangXuD,

I downloaded Qt 3.3.8 and was able to successfully compile the package using 32-bit PGI 8.0-4 using the command “./configure -platform linux-pgcc; gmake”. It also compiled in 64-bits, however I needed to change the lib directory paths the use “lib64” in the “mkspecs/linux-pgcc/qmake.conf” file and fix a problem where “dirent” needed to be “direct64” in “src/tools/qdir_unix.cpp” when “-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64” is set.

Now, I did encounter a seg fault with the “uic” utility. Though it occurs at all optimization levels, including “-O0 -g”, seeming to indicate a configuration issue. I’ll investigate as time permits.

• Mat