Csi camera as a source for deepstream-emotion-app

Setup config:

• Jetson Xavier NX Dev Kit
• DeepStream Version - 6.2
• JetPack Version - 5.1
• Issue Type - question

Hello, I am new to Deepstream on Jetson Xavier. What command I should write in in emotion_app_config.yml to use csi camera as a source for deepstream-emotion-app? I tried to use v4l2:///dev/video2 for USB camera and it works fine. Example is provided on the screenshot below. Thanks a lot

Yes. The “v4l2:///” uri string can be used to add V4L2 driver based cameras.

For the command line, please refer to deepstream_tao_apps/apps/tao_others at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps (github.com)

It may look like ./deepstream-emotion-app 1 ../../../configs/facial_tao/sample_faciallandmarks_config.txt v4l2:///dev/video0 out

Please help me with the syntax of the command to launch the CSI camera. And if possible, a link to the documentation where it is described.

It works with USB camera:

But not with csi:

It has nothing to do with “the syntax of the command”.

Please use “v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --list-formats-ext” to query the CSI camera formats. Seems the format is not supported by the sample, you may need to add extra conversion plugin in the source code.

what is extra conversion plugin you mentioned?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Your camera generate RG10 format bayer data videos which is not supported by DeepStream or even the normal gstreamer open source plugins.

Please look for a gstreamer based bayer conversion plugin to convert the data to the normal video/image format. bayer (gstreamer.freedesktop.org) is for your reference.

Viewing Raw Bayer data - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson TX1 - NVIDIA Developer Forums

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.