CUDA 3.2 final has been released today.

CUDA 3.2 is out. Go get it ;)

CUDA 3.2 is out. Go get it ;)

Yes! Thanks!

The page says that CUDA 3.2 toolkit is released…But looks like, they have made a whole release.

NV’s software team is really NViable.

Yes! Thanks!

The page says that CUDA 3.2 toolkit is released…But looks like, they have made a whole release.

NV’s software team is really NViable.

But NV forum team not so much.

I hate how threads these days don’t count “views” any more. So it is impossible to create vanity threads that rack up tens of thousands of views ,-) such as my Mandelbulb thread or the “Evolisa” (genetic optimization of polygon images) thread.

But NV forum team not so much.

I hate how threads these days don’t count “views” any more. So it is impossible to create vanity threads that rack up tens of thousands of views ,-) such as my Mandelbulb thread or the “Evolisa” (genetic optimization of polygon images) thread.

40066 views for Evolisa thread… Thats really ossum…
But its not counting any more, is it? May be, you had hit a higher limit
(OR) probably it is using IP addresses to get unique count.
I think my other threads r getting views… Its counting actually.

But I do have my own share of problems with Forum…
It does not scroll by keyboard sometimes…,
“watch this topic” is written in the same color as its background (u have to select the region to see it)

How I loved the original NVIDIA forums! I used to quote it as an example to many people.
Nowadays, I think they have changed the technology – possibly embraced some MSFT based technology…
Grrr…
I hate the new web interfaces that is surfacing in many sites nowadays… Web 2.0??? My God…
Some1 has to stop this nonsense…

40066 views for Evolisa thread… Thats really ossum…
But its not counting any more, is it? May be, you had hit a higher limit
(OR) probably it is using IP addresses to get unique count.
I think my other threads r getting views… Its counting actually.

But I do have my own share of problems with Forum…
It does not scroll by keyboard sometimes…,
“watch this topic” is written in the same color as its background (u have to select the region to see it)

How I loved the original NVIDIA forums! I used to quote it as an example to many people.
Nowadays, I think they have changed the technology – possibly embraced some MSFT based technology…
Grrr…
I hate the new web interfaces that is surfacing in many sites nowadays… Web 2.0??? My God…
Some1 has to stop this nonsense…

What’s the differences between 3.2 and 3.2rc2? Anyone?

What’s the differences between 3.2 and 3.2rc2? Anyone?

Just the laziness to download some 500MB of data ;-)

Just the laziness to download some 500MB of data ;-)

The forums aren’t Microsoft technology, nVidia uses IP.Board (if I remember correctly); in fact, I think this is what they’ve used for a long time (always?), it’s just that they only update the forum software (and skins) every two years or so.

I’m not a huge fan of the new skin, but I’m glad they updated the forum software, the old one was getting a bit out of date. One nice “Web 2.0” feature is the syntax highlighting in ‘code’ blocks…really makes it much easier to read code that people post!

The forums aren’t Microsoft technology, nVidia uses IP.Board (if I remember correctly); in fact, I think this is what they’ve used for a long time (always?), it’s just that they only update the forum software (and skins) every two years or so.

I’m not a huge fan of the new skin, but I’m glad they updated the forum software, the old one was getting a bit out of date. One nice “Web 2.0” feature is the syntax highlighting in ‘code’ blocks…really makes it much easier to read code that people post!

Suggestion to the SDK mantainers:

The SDK examples don’t immediately compile on stock installs of Linux. You have to make sure you have the appropriate GL libraries installed as well.

Every time I set up a new machine, I always have to dig up my notes about which to install and how… it usually takes 15 minutes to figure it all out again, even though I’ve done it a couple times a year since CUDA 1.0.

While every Linux package is different, a simple little README might be useful to at least hint the developer instead of having to Google

and experiment each time. It’s a common problem for Linux users. Here too. And here.

In the case for Ubuntu, you must have the GLUT, Xi, Xmu, GL, and X11 headers all installed.

You can do this with:

[font=“Courier New”]sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev build-essential libx11-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev [/font]

And then sometimes the Mesa stuff takes over the GL library when it shouldn’t, and you’ll still get link errors against libGL. This is fixed with:

[font=“Courier New”][b][i]cd /usr/lib/

sudo rm libGL.so

sudo ln -s libGL.so.1 libGL.so[/i][/b][/font]

My request: Please put this info into a README.Linux in the SDK/C directory.

Yes, other Linux packages like RedHat don’t use apt-get but the package names should help them too.

Thanks for the info.

Hmm… I have a few problems like:

1. I can’t scroll using keyboard sometimes.

2. The conversation page is rendered badly for a few. In one of my conversations, the first few exchanges appear blank followed by last few exchanges. If I select the white region, ctrl+c and then paste it in notepad, I am able to see the contents. Weird…

3. The “views” of a forum topic never change… I dont know if thats a “unique IP” addrss thing…

Is there a way I can change the skin?

Thanks,

Best REgards,

Sarnath

I totally agree. This is absolutely essential to mention in the Getting Started Guide. Omissions like these are unacceptable.

Thank you!

SPWorley, thank you very much. You can’t imagine the time you saved for me.

I spent like almost a day searching for what goes wrong …

No problem!

I’ve used my own forum post here to set up a couple new machines since then too. Easier than finding my notes.

SPWorley:

Thanks for the suggestion – we have now incorporated a mention of this into the Getting Started Guide for Linux. It should appear in CUDA Toolkit 4.0 releases subsequent to RC1.

Thanks!

Cliff