cuda 9.1 Makefile for cudaDecodeGL in Samples fails

Entering directory ‘/home/frank/NVIDIA_CUDA-9.1_Samples/3_Imaging/cudaDecodeGL’
“/usr/local/cuda-9.1”/bin/nvcc -ccbin g++ -m64 -Xcompiler -no-pie -gencode arch=compute_30,code=compute_30 -o cudaDecodeGL FrameQueue.o ImageGL.o VideoDecoder.o VideoParser.o VideoSource.o cudaModuleMgr.o cudaProcessFrame.o dynlink_cuda.o dynlink_nvcuvid.o videoDecodeGL.o -L/usr/lib/nvidia-375 -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lglut -lcuda -L…/…/common/lib/linux/x86_64 -lcudart -lnvcuvid -lGLEW
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvcuvid
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:404: recipe for target ‘cudaDecodeGL’ failed
make[1]: *** [cudaDecodeGL] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/frank/NVIDIA_CUDA-9.1_Samples/3_Imaging/cudaDecodeGL’
Makefile:52: recipe for target ‘3_Imaging/cudaDecodeGL/Makefile.ph_build’ failed
make: *** [3_Imaging/cudaDecodeGL/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

The “cannot find -lnvcuvid” error is discussed in a number of postings on this forum if you care to look for them.

Thanks

I will hunt them down.

I have retreated to trying to build everything from scratch to try and get Digits to run, so every single problem gets fixed.

here’s one example thread:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/769578/cuda-6-5-cannot-find-lnvcuvid/

in a nutshell, libnvcuvid is installed by the driver, and the exact location for this may vary. If you locate that file (libnvcuvid.so) then you can usually “fix” the makefile for this sample code, by modifying the -L switch.

if you don’t actually care about this sample code, you can just issue

make -k

instead of

make

and the samples should all build, except for those that have a problem.

not sure why any of this would have anything to do with DIGITS

Thank you so much

I did LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-384:$LIBRARY_PATH make
and the problem went away. marvellous thanks fir the pointer to the solutions