cuda on ubuntu 10.04

Hi,
i just intalled ubuntu 10.04 in 64bits.I have a GeForce260 card and i am trying to install the Nvidia driver 195.36.24, however when i try to run the .run file i get the error:

“ERROR: Unable to load the kernel module ‘nvidia.ko’. This is going on most quickly when this kernel module was made against the incorrect or the kernel sources that is configured in a improper manner, with a version of gcc that differs from the one used to build the target kernel, or if a driver like rivafb/nvidiafb is present and restrict the NVIDIA kernel module from getting ownership of the NVIDIA graphics device(s), or NVIDIA GPU installed in this machine is not compatible with this NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release.”

however i already tried using gcc 4.4 and gcc 4.3.
I also tried to install the 195.36.15 driver but i get the same result.
I have no driver installed and i can not proceed to install cuda 3.0.
should i install another driver and cuda 2.3? i really dont know what to do.
can anybody help me out?
thanks in advence,
C.

Did you follow the steps outlined in this thread?

What’s the output of /var/log/nvidia-installer.log?
What does your /etc/X11/xorg.conf look like?

N.

Did you follow the steps outlined in this thread?

What’s the output of /var/log/nvidia-installer.log?
What does your /etc/X11/xorg.conf look like?

N.

Hi,

I managed to install the driver you mention on that thread using gcc 4.4.
I have now chosen the option to use gcc4.3 for compiling the sdk.

i get the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared’
make -C src/dct8x8/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’
make -C src/threadMigration/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’
make -C src/simpleVoteIntrinsics/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’
make -C src/bandwidthTest/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’
make -C src/cppIntegration/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’
make -C src/sortingNetworks/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’
make -C src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’
make -C src/recursiveGaussian/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian' /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/recursiveGaussian] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’
make: *** [src/recursiveGaussian/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

so i tried to do:

sudo apt-get install libglu1

and it said:

libglu1-mesa is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
linux-headers-2.6.32-21-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-21
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

so i tried to make and i got the same error as before (cant find lGLU)
so then i tried:

sudo ln -s/usr/lib/llibGLU.so1 /usr/lib/libGLU.so

but i cant manage to make the SDK samples…

do you have any ideas, it seems like something is not working properly with the Driver, i can not acces the Nvidia Window from the system preferences menu either. i really dont know what to do next
please help
cheers.

C.

Hi,

I managed to install the driver you mention on that thread using gcc 4.4.
I have now chosen the option to use gcc4.3 for compiling the sdk.

i get the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared’
make -C src/dct8x8/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian' /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/recursiveGaussian] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’

so i tried to do:

sudo apt-get install libglu1

and it said:

libglu1-mesa is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
linux-headers-2.6.32-21-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-21
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

so i tried to make and i got the same error as before (cant find lGLU)
so then i tried:

sudo ln -s/usr/lib/llibGLU.so1 /usr/lib/libGLU.so

but i cant manage to make the SDK samples…

do you have any ideas, it seems like something is not working properly with the Driver, i can not acces the Nvidia Window from the system preferences menu either. i really dont know what to do next
please help
cheers.

C.

also if i try to compile a program i wrote i get the next error:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common/lib/linux/libGLEW.a when searching for -lGLEW

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLEW

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i dont know why these libraries are not there, i thought that the driver should have something to do with it

AHHHHHHH…

thanks a lot Nico, hope you can help

also if i try to compile a program i wrote i get the next error:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common/lib/linux/libGLEW.a when searching for -lGLEW

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLEW

i dont know why these libraries are not there, i thought that the driver should have something to do with it

AHHHHHHH…

thanks a lot Nico, hope you can help

On a 64 bit system, the compiler should be linking against libGLEW_x86_64.a instead of libGLEW.a

Are you sure you didn’t modify the common.mk file so that it compiles/links in 32 bit mode? Maybe added an -m32 switch?

edit: if you’re not using the common.mk file to build your own programs, I would advise you to do so. It’ll save you a lot of trouble once set up correctly.

N.

On a 64 bit system, the compiler should be linking against libGLEW_x86_64.a instead of libGLEW.a

Are you sure you didn’t modify the common.mk file so that it compiles/links in 32 bit mode? Maybe added an -m32 switch?

edit: if you’re not using the common.mk file to build your own programs, I would advise you to do so. It’ll save you a lot of trouble once set up correctly.

N.

i really have not modified any common.mk.

i just got into the NVIDIA_GPU_Computing/C/ adress and typed in make

then i get the error

i don’t know why

i really have not modified any common.mk.

i just got into the NVIDIA_GPU_Computing/C/ adress and typed in make

then i get the error

i don’t know why

Can you post the output of the make command?
Make sure you add
verbose := 1
to the top of the file C/common/common.mk so that I can see what’s going on

ps. Did you set /usr/local/cuda/lib64 in ld.so.conf.d?

N.

Can you post the output of the make command?
Make sure you add
verbose := 1
to the top of the file C/common/common.mk so that I can see what’s going on

ps. Did you set /usr/local/cuda/lib64 in ld.so.conf.d?

N.

hi,

this is the output of the make command:

acustica@gpu:~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C$ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared’

make -C src/dct8x8/

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU

make[1]: *** […/…/bin/linux/release/recursiveGaussian] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’

I have not set /usr/local/cuda/lib64 in ld.so.conf.d

i wouldn’t know how to do it.

should i have done that?

cheers,

C.

hi,

this is the output of the make command:

make -C src/dct8x8/

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/dct8x8’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleVoteIntrinsics’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/bandwidthTest’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/cppIntegration’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/sortingNetworks’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/matrixMulDynlinkJIT’

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/recursiveGaussian’

I have not set /usr/local/cuda/lib64 in ld.so.conf.d

i wouldn’t know how to do it.

should i have done that?

cheers,

C.

i wrote verbose := 1 at the beginning of the common.mk file and then:

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p obj/x86_64/release

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/libcutil_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/bank_checker.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cmd_arg_reader.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cutil.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/stopwatch.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/stopwatch_linux.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/multithreading.cpp.o

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/libparamgl_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/paramgl.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/param.cpp.o

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/librendercheckgl_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/rendercheck_gl.cpp.o

make -C src/dct8x8/

mkdir -p …/…/lib

mkdir -p …/…/bin/linux/release

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/dct8x8 obj/x86_64/release/BmpUtil.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/DCT8x8_Gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/dct8x8.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

mkdir -p data

/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc --compiler-options -fno-strict-aliasing -I. -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I…/…/common/inc -I…/…/…/shared//inc -DUNIX -O2 -o data/threadMigration.ptx -ptx threadMigration.cu

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/threadMigration obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcuda -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/simpleVoteIntrinsics obj/x86_64/release/simpleVoteIntrinsics.cu_12.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/bandwidthTest obj/x86_64/release/bandwidthTest.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/cppIntegration obj/x86_64/release/main.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cppIntegration_gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cppIntegration.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/sortingNetworks obj/x86_64/release/main.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/sortingNetworks_validate.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/bitonicSort.cu.o obj/x86_64/release/oddEvenMergeSort.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/matrixMulDynlinkJIT obj/x86_64/release/matrixMul_gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/matrixMulDynlinkJIT.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/matrixMul_ptxdump.c.o obj/x86_64/release/cuda_drvapi_dynlink.c.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -ldl -rdynamic -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/recursiveGaussian obj/x86_64/release/recursiveGaussian.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/recursiveGaussian.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lGLEW_x86_64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lGLEW_x86_64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lglut -lrendercheckgl_x86_64 -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

this is what i get

i wrote verbose := 1 at the beginning of the common.mk file and then:

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/libcutil_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/bank_checker.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cmd_arg_reader.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cutil.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/stopwatch.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/stopwatch_linux.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/multithreading.cpp.o

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/libparamgl_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/paramgl.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/param.cpp.o

mkdir -p ./…/lib

mkdir -p ./…/lib

ar rucv ./…/lib/librendercheckgl_x86_64.a obj/x86_64/release/rendercheck_gl.cpp.o

make -C src/dct8x8/

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/dct8x8 obj/x86_64/release/BmpUtil.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/DCT8x8_Gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/dct8x8.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

mkdir -p data

/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc --compiler-options -fno-strict-aliasing -I. -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I…/…/common/inc -I…/…/…/shared//inc -DUNIX -O2 -o data/threadMigration.ptx -ptx threadMigration.cu

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/threadMigration obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcuda -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/simpleVoteIntrinsics obj/x86_64/release/simpleVoteIntrinsics.cu_12.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/bandwidthTest obj/x86_64/release/bandwidthTest.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/cppIntegration obj/x86_64/release/main.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cppIntegration_gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/cppIntegration.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/sortingNetworks obj/x86_64/release/main.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/sortingNetworks_validate.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/bitonicSort.cu.o obj/x86_64/release/oddEvenMergeSort.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/matrixMulDynlinkJIT obj/x86_64/release/matrixMul_gold.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/matrixMulDynlinkJIT.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/matrixMul_ptxdump.c.o obj/x86_64/release/cuda_drvapi_dynlink.c.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -ldl -rdynamic -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

mkdir -p …/…/lib

g++ -fPIC -o …/…/bin/linux/release/recursiveGaussian obj/x86_64/release/recursiveGaussian.cpp.o obj/x86_64/release/recursiveGaussian.cu.o -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lGLEW_x86_64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lGLEW_x86_64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lglut -lrendercheckgl_x86_64 -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L…/…/lib -L…/…/common/lib/linux -L…/…/…/shared//lib -lcudart -lcutil_x86_64 -lshrutil_x86_64

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

this is what i get

I edited my previous post a little late.
Can you add
verbose :=1
to the top of the file C/common/common.mk and post the output of the make command again?

Also, can you post the output of the following command:
file /usr/lib/libGLU.*

To add the library path for the toolkit, create a file called cuda.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d with the following content
/usr/local/cuda/lib64

then run sudo ldconfig

N.

I edited my previous post a little late.
Can you add
verbose :=1
to the top of the file C/common/common.mk and post the output of the make command again?

Also, can you post the output of the following command:
file /usr/lib/libGLU.*

To add the library path for the toolkit, create a file called cuda.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d with the following content
/usr/local/cuda/lib64

then run sudo ldconfig

N.

huh? you don’t have a file called /usr/lib/libGL.so?

Whats’ the output of

file /usr/lib/libGL*

N.