CUDA-Z program detects GT 1030 but dont work

I use xrdp connection and xcfe4 for gui + Nvidia 455.41 GeForce driver.
CUDA-Z gives error when it try to start cuda but when i close program cuda usage spike appear in win10 task manager.
I tested same thing with win10 (no preview) it doesnt detect gt 1030 as expected.

The question is why cuda don’t start. Also i want to use HPC program for moleculer dynamics. The program can’t detect GT1030. (Maestro Desmond)

How can i overcome this problem thanks…

It isn’t clear from your question whether you are trying the apps in the WSL2 container or on Windows native?
If the issue is for WSL2, please list the steps you performed to install the apps and the errors you are seeing.

I’m doing this inside of WSL2

Installation steps for GUI:
sudo apt-get install xrdp
sudo apt-get install xfce4
sudo apt-get install xfce4-goodies

configure :
sudo cp /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini.bak
sudo sed -i ‘s/3389/3390/g’ /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
sudo sed -i ‘s/max_bpp=32/#max_bpp=32\nmax_bpp=128/g’ /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
sudo sed -i ‘s/xserverbpp=24/#xserverbpp=24\nxserverbpp=128/g’ /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
echo xfce4-session > ~/.xsession

sudo nano /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh
comment these lines to:
#test -x /etc/X11/Xsession && exec /etc/X11/Xsession
#exec /bin/sh /etc/X11/Xsession

add these lines:

xfce

startxfce4

sudo /etc/init.d/xrdp start

CUDA-Z installation made by firefox

I didn’t install any nvidia driver inside WSL2 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Thank you very much for detail steps.
At the first glance at the screenshots you provided, CUDA does get loaded but some API functions don’t seem to return correct results. We are going to reproduce the issue locally to debug it. Will we keep you posted.

1 Like

Any improvements? Can u add Desmond Maestro (Molecular dynamics program that only run in linux) support too?

The CUDA-Z is not working properly is due to known limitation (CUDA on WSL :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation) of missing PTX support. We are working hard to add it to the driver. Thank you for your patience.
As to the Desmond Maestro, we have not had a chance to try it out. What problems did you see there?
it would be helpful if you could provide details steps how you installed the Molecular dynamics stack along with all required dependencies so that we could follow up and test it locally with the latest driver.