Cudartemu dll not found can not run in emulation mode

Hi, i have installed the lastest toolkit and sdk on my xp machine. I don’t not have nvidia card on this machine and want to run in emulation mode.

According to the relaese notes

“Separate Library for Runtime Device Emulation
- Cudart has now been split up into two libraries. Cudartemu should be
linked with for device emulation, similar to the way in which
Cublasemu/Cufftemu were previously used.”

However, it seems there is no cudartemu dll.

Any ideas where to find it and how to link it?

Thanks

If you have the latest tookit (so CUDA 3.1), there is no device emulation any more. It was deprecated in CUDA 3.0 and removed in CUDA 3.1.

If you have the latest tookit (so CUDA 3.1), there is no device emulation any more. It was deprecated in CUDA 3.0 and removed in CUDA 3.1.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Does that mean from now on, we have to have a cuda enabled card for doing cuda development?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply. Does that mean from now on, we have to have a cuda enabled card for doing cuda development?

Thanks

In principle, yes. You could try ocelot, which is excellent, but if you are planning on doing serious development to run on a GPU, you would be much better served with real hardware than a software emulation system. If you have not yet started with cuda, another alternative would be OpenCL. AMD have an SDK which compiles directly to multicore CPUs as well as GPU targets.

In principle, yes. You could try ocelot, which is excellent, but if you are planning on doing serious development to run on a GPU, you would be much better served with real hardware than a software emulation system. If you have not yet started with cuda, another alternative would be OpenCL. AMD have an SDK which compiles directly to multicore CPUs as well as GPU targets.