cudaTextureType1D" is undefined

I just installed Cuda 4.0 and went to recompile my device *.cu files.

I get this error message

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\include\cuda_texture_types.h(74): error: identifier “cudaTextureType1D” is undefined
1>
1> "c:\program files\nvidia gpu computing toolkit\cuda\v4.0\include\texture_fetch_functions.h(75): error: identifier “cudaTextureType1D” is undefined
1>
1> "c:\program files\nvidia gpu computing toolkit\cuda\v4.0\include\texture_fetch_functions.h(77): error: identifier “cudaTextureType1D” is undefined
1>
1> "c:\program files\nvidia gpu computing toolkit\cuda\v4.0\include\texture_fetch_functions.h(79): error: identifier “cudaTextureType1D” is undefined
1>
1> "c:\program files\nvidia gpu computing toolkit\cuda\v4.0\include\texture_fetch_functions.h(101): error: identifier “cudaTextureType1D” is undefined
1>
1> "c:\program files\nvidia gpu computing toolkit\cuda\v4.0\include\texture_fetch_functions.h(106): error: no instance of function template “__itexfetchi” matches the argument list
1> argument types are: (texture<char, , cudaReadModeElementType>, int4)
etc. etc.

how do I fix this?

The symbols should be in texture_types.h. I suspect the issue is that your 3.2 and 4.0 toolkit installs aren’t playing nice with each other (perhaps your builds is picking up the texture_types.h from your 3.2 install path, or the 4.0 install didn’t clobber your 3.2 headers).

Yes, its in texture_types.h which needs to be called from onhigh by cuda_runtime.h

I even did this at the top of the .cu file:

include <windows.h>

define cudaTextureType1D 0x01

include “cuda.h”

include “cuda_runtime.h”

include “cuPrintfD.cu”

include “V4_CoreLib.h”

include “MH_Define.h”

So it HAS to be defined!

but i still get the error message that it is undefined. which says to me that somewhere someone is undefining it. doesnt make sense.

i double checked and the only vs include file is 4.0

i am stumped.

waiting for an idea.

JM

found the culprit – i had previously copied cuda 3.2 include files locally to project