Custom Detector model with yoloV5 baseline getting Segmentation fault(core dumped) Issue

• Hardware Platform (GPU) - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
• DeepStream Version -6.2
• TensorRT Version - 8.5.2-1+cuda11.8
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version- 525.105.17
• Deepstream is used inside deepstream:6.2-triton docker container and container is built with the command docker run --net=host --ipc=host -it --gpus all -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY --name deepstream_trition deepstream_triton_image
**• The issue **
- I am trying to use my custom detector model which implements Yolov5 as baseline. But I got the App Failed with **Segmentation fault(core dumped) message.

**• How to reproduce the issue ?
For using my custom detector, I refered to the Deepstream-Yolo github repo. I generated cfg file and wts file according to the repository. And my pretrained custom model is converted to TensorRT engine using “trtexec”.

Before that, I tried to run original Yolo sampe sucessfully provided by Deepstream under /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.2/sources/objectDetector_Yolo/deepstream_app_config_yoloV3.txt .But I notice one thing that my custom detector is different from deepstream original sample is that I don’t have “kernel.cu” and “kernel.o”.
If not having that 2 files (kernel.cu and kernel.o) is actual issue, please help me with how I can create those files.

I’ve been working on the issue for a week.
Any kind of help is sincerely accepted~~
Thanks in advanced~

do you mean you are testing objectDetector_Yolo with custom Yolov5 model? and the app will crash using a custom function like cudaYoloLayerV3?

1 Like
  1. kernel.cu is related to generating model engine. from the description, the engine has been generated by trtexec. kernel.cu will not be used if the model-engine-file is set.
  2. could you share the configuraton file? you need to set and implement the correct parse-bbox-func-name, which is used to do postprocess. from the screenshot, the engine was loaded, please add log in parse-bbox-func-name function to check if the app crashed in this function.
  3. from the screenshot, the model 's outputs are “outut, 649, 667, 685”, please parse the model’s outputs in parse-bbox-func-name function, please refer to nvdsparsebbox_Yolo
1 Like

@fanzh Thank you for your reply.
I just run the custom detector successfully now. Instead of building TensorRT engine from pytorch separately using trtexec, I just prepared cfg and “wts” file of my custom detector and let deepstream build tensorRT engine from that model.

Thanks to this tutorial.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.