CX-5 EDAT linking at x8 on AMD EPYC 7742. LnkSta: Speed 16GT/s, Width x8, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt- I am afraid that I might have changed some fw setting and it went in this state. Please help me to get it back to link at x16.

CX-5 EDAT

Changed to Ethernet using mlxconfig

FW version: 16.27.2008

I might have accidentally changed something due to which it starts linking at x8, it used to link at x16. Can you please let me know how can I force it to link at Gen4 speed or reset the NIC so it can be defaulted to factory settings and come up at gen4 (x16). I have also tried mlxfwreset and level3 and it still comes up at x8.

I had tried to look for a way to change/configure Pcie speed but could not find a procedure for that. Please point me to the correct post if it’s already been discussed.

Thanks

Hi,

What changes did you apply in the mlxconfig ?

can you provide the output of mlxconfig -d -e q

make sure that the PCIE slot is GEN 4

Thanks,

Samer

Hi.

Are you able to resolve the issue ?

Thanks,

Samer

Hi Samer,

Please find the details attached.

The issue is still not resolved, I ahve not changed any settings intentionally that could force the NIC to come up at Gen3. It’s a Gen4 slot and it’s a Dell system R7515 EPYC 7542.

I have another CX-5 NIC and it comes up correctly in same system (in same slot) so I believe it has to do some config.

Thanks

Vinay

Hi ,

Can you open Support case at support@mellanox.com for further debug ?

In addition, why you are applying changes in the below firmware parameters :

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_CNPS_P1

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_CNPS_P2

PCI_WR_ORDERING

Can you revert back and check if the issue persist ?

Thanks,

Samer

I can try to revert these settings and give it a try.

Thanks

Hi Vinay,

Let me know if it’s working

Thanks