Debian Package of Jetson Linux Developer Guide

Dear Sir,

Sorry to bother you for this one.
Consider our product need to concern the debian support.
I’d like to consult about the Repackaging the Kernel Debian Package of Jetson Linux Developer Guide.
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/getting_started.html#wwpID0E0IE0HA

1. Is that indicate to deploy a whole Debian Environment to instead of the original of sdk_manager’s OS/Firmware Environment?

2. According there mention about customize the kernel source for debian package, I just wonder “Is that doesn’t need to porting/tuning the root file system?”

3. There is the public_sources.tbz2 which website provide, Is there only this version(r32-3-1)?
    https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/r32-3-1_Release_v1.0/Sources/T186/public_sources.tbz2
    Because there’re couple version for sdk_manager, so I just wonder Is there any other version for the Debian Package/public_sources.tbz2.

4. There seems no usage for public_sources.tbz2 further, I’ve try to use the nv_public_src_build.sh which in the root of public_sources.tbz2.
    But it seem will build fail as below show. Is that my environment wrong?

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

1. Is that indicate to deploy a whole Debian Environment to instead of the original of sdk_manager’s OS/Firmware Environment?

Yes, that means trying to make your own deb file instead of using those from NV server.

1. According there mention about customize the kernel source for debian package, I just wonder “Is that doesn’t need to porting/tuning the root file system?”

Not sure what do you want to ask here. Some files in the rootfs will also be modified by the debian package. At least the NV official one will update some components in the rootfs.

1. There is the public_sources.tbz2 which website provide, Is there only this version(r32-3-1)?

The other source could be found here.

1. There seems no usage for public_sources.tbz2 further, I’ve try to use the nv_public_src_build.sh which in the root of public_sources.tbz2.

Each source code has its own setup. nv_public_src_build.sh is not yet supported well. You need to check each document for each source.

Dear Wayne,

About 1, Yes. I think those might like our assume, the NV official one(debian package) should not only build it’s kernel Image but also to tune/update the rootfs and make rootfs be valid for this kernel Image need.

About 4, Sorry about that, but I think those might need to cost huge time for process them. Is there any simple way that to build a simple kernel Image with the rootfs tune(as above mention) for first step? Is there any version you suggest to build?

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

About 4, Sorry about that, but I think those might need to cost huge time for process them. Is there any simple way that to build a simple kernel Image with the rootfs tune(as above mention) for first step? Is there any version you suggest to build?

The kernel build step is always in the developer guide in below link. Please check.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#

Dear Wayne,

Apologize for this, I thought this chapter only valid for the package we download via “source_sync.sh” of sdk manager before.

Let me sort out again, that’s what I assume below.
the package download via “source_sync.sh” of sdk manager that is build for Ubuntu environment?
the “public_sources.tbz2” of L4T Archive website that is build for Debian environment?

Or those package are same? Sorry for those noob question…

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

They are same. Just in case they are in same version. For example, both rel-32.4.4 or both are rel-32.5.1.

Oh! I think I got mistake with the words “kernel debian package”.

1. Because the environment seems appear the generic ubuntu environment(x86 platform) that boot with pre-build/default Image of sdk manager.
  2. According the page’s description, the whole L4T is based on ubuntu-18.04
    L4T | NVIDIA Developer

so I thought that could build a debian environment via “kernel debian package”, It seems wrong now, right?

※I know the Debian/Ubuntu are appear to be similar, and this question is really silly…But, Is there any approach to build a Debian environment that NV official implement/approve? our planer is really concern about this point.

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

The script is in the first link you posted. The nvdebrepack is the tool you need.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/getting_started.html#wwpID0E0IE0HA

Dear Wayne,

I’m sorry about his case, I think that’s wrong about my question point.
I’d like to check “Is that nVIDIA support Debian OS on Jetson Xavier” that such as this link

※Apologize for my fault about the mistake that I think the debian package is about the package a OS Image, but it should be the software component for L4T-kernel

We don’t support Debian 10. The Debian 10 and debian package are two different things.

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your reply kindly and sorry to wast your time

Best Regards
MOMO Chen