DeepStream Reference Application Issue "Failed to create element 'src_bin_muxer'"

Hi,

I’m starting to learn DeepStream for a school projet, and I followed this tutorial to install DeepStream 5.0 (Getting Started with NVIDIA DeepStream-5.0 | by Karthick Panner Selvam | Analytics Vidhya | Medium).
When trying to execute the following command for the reference application :

deepstream-app -c /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/configs/deepstream-app/source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt

I get this error output :

ERROR: <create_multi_source_bin:1057>: Failed to create element ‘src_bin_muxer’
ERROR: <create_multi_source_bin:1132>: create_multi_source_bin failed
ERROR: <create_pipeline:1296>: create_pipeline failed
ERROR: main:636: Failed to create pipeline
Quitting
App run failed

I have been looking on the intenet for a few hours now without finding any working solution.
If you could please help, would be really kind !

• Hardware Platform NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• TensorRT Version 7.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version 455.23.04

Please refer to https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream_Development_Guide/deepstream_quick_start.html# for how to install and use DeepStream.

You can open the /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/configs/deepstream-app/source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt file and read it carefully. There is relative path in this file. Please make sure you are running the app in the right directory so that the relative path can work correctly. The recommended path to run this configuration is in /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/configs/deepstream-app/

Thanks for answer, it didn’t work even when executed in recommended path… I probably did something wrong in the installation , so I ended up using the docker and it’s working now.

For new users seeing this, here is a tutoriel for deepstream docker:

I can’t put more than 3 links as a new user so i sent all instructions in a text file:

INSTALL_DEEPSTREAM_DOCKER.txt (2.2 KB)

good luck

Thanks for yours sharing to community!

1 Like