Deepstream remote visualization

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) Jetpack 4.6 rev 3
• TensorRT Version 8.0.1

I have a video stream (Output of Deepstream-app) which can be visualized LOCALLY using RTSP/UDP sink or nvoverlaysink. How can I stream the output remotely? (Over a system connected on the other network).

Did you change the parameters(type, rtsp-port/udp-port) in sink group? DeepStream Reference Application - deepstream-app — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

Alternatively you can also use gst-launch-1.0 to build your pipeline and use udpsink to push the stream, here is an example: How can I use gstreamer on TX1 push video stream to RTSP server, and then other Play Client can sub...

I have changed the parameters of rtsp-port/udp-port and I am able to visualize it locally but I cannot understand how to send the RTSP/UDP stream over internet to other computer

The rtsp output is a RTSP server. Any RTSP client can access the stream if your network is configured correctly. Is your Jetson board connected in a LAN?

Please consult your network administrator to get your device’s IP.

Jetson is connected to lean. Did you mean that if I have public IP of Jetson, I can access the stream remotely

Yes.

I tried trying to do that (Used public IP of Jetson, opened a VLC on a computer on other network and tried to visualize) but couldn’t do that. Do I need to change anything in deepstream-rtsp-out code or port forwarding or firewall changes? Request help

It has nothing to do with deepstream. Please consult your network administrator.

Can I upload this output to a cloud and have it live streamed through cloud application?

You need to implement by yourself.

I understand. Not to bother you much but when I tried using Public IP, I didn’t get any output at end device. I even added port forwarding in my router settings. Any reasons why I am unable to visualize?

It’s difficult to debug networking related issues as there may be NAT or firewall rules in between. Can you check if you can visiualize on host in the same LAN? If yes, then it means the stream is dropped/blocked by gateway or firewall, you need check your gateway config or considering changing port of your steam.

I could visualize on host in the same LAN but on public IP, I do not get any streams. I have checked the gateway config but I will re-check and try to change the port number. Would get back

Is it possible to ssh login to your Jetson from a remote PC?
Once ssh login is enabled, configure tcp 8554 and udp 5400 the same as tcp 22 for ssh.

Will do this and get back. Thank you

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Thank you for the resolution. I would like to try cloud based service for remote visualization. Will get back

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.