Deepstream Tracker Module

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version: 6.0 ~ 6.3
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs):
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

1. How to modify tracker module to achieve the following function: track the specified category and retain other categories?

nvtracker will track all objects. But the application can ignore the object id for those class which needn’t track. Can you share more details of why you need this feature in your use case?

1 Like

thanks, My usage scenario is as follows: the detector will detect two categories: cars and people. The tracker will only track people. The tracked track id obtained will perform some other operations. At this time, the car category will not be tracked. , but the car category box must be retained. But I don’t know how to modify it.

You can track every object and you can still get access to original detection bbox. Please check DS Doc on metadata where you can find how to get access to the unmodified detection and tracker bboxes.

If you really want to remove unwanted track IDs for some category like car, you can always add a probe after tracker module and remove the car-class metadata like track ID.

1 Like

Thanks. In my real usage scenario, the two categories detected by my detector are very similar. If all targets are tracked, the effect will be particularly poor. Is there a way to track the specified category?

Can you have a try with: checkClassMatch: 1. Please check the document for details: Gst-nvtracker — DeepStream documentation 6.4 documentation

1 Like

Thanks, Previously, on the ds=6.0 version, checkClassMatch=1 was set in the config_tracker_NvDCF_perf.yml file, but the effect was still not good. Is it a problem with the ds version? Is there any other way?