Here’s the background. I am trying to run deepstream with Triton inference server in separate docker container (Triton & Deepstream).
The Triton inference server will not be specified to the deepstream application since I am planning to use the inference server in separate use cases. The plan is to use gRPC to communicate between
- deepstream application and
- Triton inference server
following the tutorial in
While I am able to run both the server (triton) and the client (deepstream) on the same computer, I would like to utilize the GPU resource by using MPS. (I am assuming the triton image and deepstream image share the GPU resource through context switching/time slicing.)
As long as I enable the MPS, the docker image fail to response and fail to enter into the shell. I tried different containers (as described below) and I am able to run
Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
sudo nvidia-smi -i 0 -c EXCLUSIVE_PROCESS
Run the container
docker run --gpus all --ipc=host -it --rm -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY --net=host --name=deepstream-client nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.1.1-tritonfail
This container works fine
docker run --rm --gpus all --ipc=host nvcr.io/nvidia/cuda:11.7.0-devel-ubuntu20.04 nvidia-smiok
Please kindly advise how to use the images with MPS.