Desktop GPU that is comparable to 460M or 480M?

Hi, I’m trying to come up with reasonable benchmarks for how long a program would execute on a mobile GPU, but I do not have access to a laptop. Does anyone know the desktop model GPU that would closely match a 480M laptop card? I assume gtx 480 is much faster than 480m, for CUDA apps.
Or is there a better way to go about this?

Find a desktop card with comparable number of CUDA cores and same type of equipped memory (e.g. GDDR3 or GDDR5).

Then scale its performance according to the ratio of shader clock rates for compute bound applicatons. Or scale the performance with the ratio of memory clock rate for memory bound applications. The core clock ratio which you sometimes find on spec sheets barely matters.

For example an nVidia GTX 285M is roughly comparable to a nVidia GTS 240 OEM desktop card. A GTS 250M seems 10-15% faster.

Have you researched the GTX 460 card? This looks almost comparable in shader count to your 480M model…

Christian

Here’s a useful link

Hardware-wise, 480M roughly corresponds to 465 and 460M corresponds to 450. But mobile GPUs also run at much lower clocks. You could get a GTS 450 and downclock it to frequencies shown in the link.