Difference between device 0955:7035 and 0955:7e19?

When I attempt the flash to NVMe option (available with Jetpack 4.6) to my Xavier NX using SDK Manager, it fails on the output

*  Step 3: Start the flashing process *
Waiting for target to boot-up...

and my host machine sees it report as USB device 0955:7035 at this point. According to @lhoang on USB Devices “This is an USB ID for Jetson device when it is ready to be flashed using flashing software running in initrd”

That seems quite reasonable since I can clearly expect that the initrd flashing method is being used here. I guess the automation is not working for one reason or another, and I will be attempting to work around it.

The actual main question here is: When I initially jump the force reset pins in order to start the Xavier NX in recovery mode, it appears to the host computer as 0955:7e19, for which no such USB ID entry exists that I can find on the internet. Could I get somebody to shed some light on what actual assumptions we can make when we encounter the device reporting these two different recovery/flashing states?

Starting from the 0955:7e19 state I am able to flash the eMMC of this Xavier NX.

0955:7e19 is USB ID for when the Jetson Xavier NX Chip is in recovery mode.

0955:7035 is USB ID for when a Jetson Device exposes itself for initrd flash method

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.