Difficulty Installing Pytorch on Jetson Nano

Hi everyone,

I am currently having trouble installing Pytorch 1.4 on my Jetson Nano as when i follow this guide

and get to the ‘sudo python setup.py install’ command, I get the error

ImportError: libcudart.so.10.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing Cuda 10.0 to fix this but it doesn’t match the arm architecture as the download only is for amd64. Additionally, before this, I had to manually download setuptools and the torch library AND the builtin library (and this could only be done with python 2).The jetson currently uses libcudart.so.10.2. Just wondering if I could get some help as I have been stuck for several days after following several tutorials. Thanks!

Hi

Usually this is due to wheel unmatch Jetpack version.
Could you confirm the wheel file is match Jetpack as following link described?
https://elinux.org/Jetson_Zoo

1 Like

Hi,

If you flash the device with JetPack4.4, the CUDA toolkit version should be 10.2.
It looks like the pyTorch package you installed is using CUDA 10.0 which should not be JetPack4.4.

Do you download the link for JetPack4.4 DP?
Thanks.

Hi there,
Thanks for the help! I was able to successfully install pytorch after making sure that I installed the jetpack 4.4 version in addition to clearing up my command line confusion. (I kept using python instead of python3 in the command line and pip instead of pip3). Thank you guys so much!

Thanks for the specific answer juns . It furthered my understanding and capability.