Dual GPU Configuration on Ubuntu 21.10

Seems like this user has a similar setup and got it working (although, same GPUs and have a bridge…)

I reinstalled the driver and let it set xorg to “default” settings; this is the config where I am able to setup the desktop layout as needed, but performance is terrible on the GPU defined as secondary (doesn’t matter which GPU is defined as secondary, the performance is the same on both when they are configured as secondary) with the primary GPU only being a bit better (but no where as performant as when using a single GPU or using separate X screens on both [albeit, nothing is displayed on the secondary screen], or even using whatever ‘default’ driver it used when I reinstalled the nvidia driver and loaded X before rebooting, thus the new driver wasn’t signed, thus not loaded - and noveau is blacklisted so I’m not sure what it was using but it was also fast, though it mirrored across all screens)

Would the solution shown there help me at all…? Currently with the ‘default’ config it has 6 screens on a single X display; the only issue is performance. I could even deal with slightly degraded performance on a secondary card and use that for the top displays but this is excessive. Even the mouse cursor is choppy on the secondary GPU - again - it doesn’t seem to matter WHICH GPU is set to primary or secondary which should rule out anything like different bus speeds between cards (IE, if one card was always slow that could make sense but the slow card is just whichever is not set as primary/Device0 in the xorg config), just whichever is secondary runs much slower and the primary is also slower but not as bad as the secondary.

Tried playing with settings again today with no real luck so far. What about PRIME Synchronization? Would that maybe work to sync things up/help? Any type of Mosaic? Sorry; unfortunately it seems like a ton of documentation is outdated.

Also, tried something like glxgears … it runs at 60fps on all screens ?? Even when splayed across 3 screens? But window dragging, mouse movement etc is slow still. vkcube is not as bad as window dragging but doesn’t feel perfectly smooth, I don’t see a fps for it? Seems slightly smoother when moved to primary gpu screen maybe… if I run vkcube with --gpu_number 1, it says “WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation” but the cube appears to rotate much much faster, like 4x the rotation speed?

I’ve attached the requested log; it says processing still - hopefully it’ll work.

Processing: nvidia-bug-report.log.gz…